2 things I've learned

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:56:20 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/1999 1:13:49 PM, tito@PhilBondi.com writes:

<< First and foremost - I have learned to sell....hear me out....before I got
into
this field, I didn't have the confidence to sell heat to an eskimo..that's a
fact...what I have learned is with a little confidence from experience, I am
now
able to confidently talk to my customers about what their pianos must have, or
should have done to them to bring them up to or keep them at a certain level.

Phil;
  Don't lose sight of the fact that what you are selling is Phil and not a
restringing job, or whatever.  If the customer don't buy Phil they ain't
gonna be buying no new strings nohow..................  Perhaps you aren't
any better at "selling" per se but just are better at letting an evergrowing
confidence in your knowledge and wording show through :-)
  Don't ever forget that all you really have to "sell" is your time/you.

<<"The second thing I have *learnd* is that if there's 300 people reading
this post
right now, then there's at least 3,000 different ways to do one thing in this
field! ">>
  Well it sho nuf plain as de rings on a coons tail we ain't larned y'all to
spell now ain't it?   AND "3,000"??,  now that be recovering yankee
aroignorince showin thru.  There would only be 617 or 618 ways according to
the Dempster Dumpster survey.  I think this is reflective of the fact of
differring locales/climates/training/ and levels of acceptable performance.
Yes...there can be more than one way to do a procedure in a manner so as to
get "excellent results", for example voicing, and yes...it can be confusing
at times.....but for a lot of things we do there just ain't no "one right
way".

  So study hard and work hard enough so that you have no golf practice time
cause I'm gonna put a few "good words" out to Mr. Crabb at the Convention for
you.
I'll let you know in August if what Guy says about Jill being prettier than
you is true.. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)