RPT's ... tested or grandfathered??

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:43:26 -0600

Brian,
I think that to test one must be a CPT.
Joe Goss

----------
From: Brian Trout <btrout@desupernet.net>
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RPT's ... tested or grandfathered??
Date: Friday, July 02, 1999 8:07 AM

Hi,

I was having a conversation with another technician recently who mentioned
that there may be those in the PTG who have the distinguished title of RPT
who have never taken the exams that newcomers are expected to take in order
to use those three little letters next to their name.  If that's true, is
it possible that there are people administering exams that they've never
had to pass?

I didn't have an answer for my fellow technician, but rather than jumping
to any conclusions, I wanted to gain the insight of others more familiar
with the history of the testing as we now know it, and any 'grandfathering'
 that may have taken place some time in the past.

If it would be more appropriate, feel free to e-mail me privately.  But
sincerely, I'd like to know.

Thanks,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.