Re-directed use of perfectly good Vodka!

BDeTar@AOL.COM BDeTar@AOL.COM
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 23:15:26 EDT

Please excuse any redundant redundancy if someone has already posted
something similar, but PLEASE, PLEASE, use caution when using ANY kind of
softening agent on quality hammers.  I am currently replacing a set on a
piano that the owner had used Vodka on.  This after a conversation with a
sales person who heard about it from another tech.  With the money I'll make,
I plan to buy a bottle of good Scotch (to drink)!

Using liquid softeners instead of judicious needling, is kind of like playing
the piano with boxing gloves.  You play a lot of notes, and to some, it
sounds good, but it's kinda hard to articulate!  I realize that what is
trying to be accomplished is to maximize the effect in the minimum amount of
time, but some things can't be rushed.  Softening agents DO work great on
those practice room pianos that get played constantly yet receive little or
no maintenance.

Just my humble opinion...

Brian De Tar
Positively DeFined