Second guessing methanol

lance lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 12:06:06 -0500

Ron,

You're giving me a headache (without Methanol or Vodka).

>BTW, how
> does one come to have "plenty of actions" in the shop on which to
> experiment? Doesn't the availability of an action in the shop imply the
> absence of same in a former piano somewhere? And what's the current
> definition of what constitutes "plenty". Looks to me like seed for a
Class
> II conspiracy theory.

A high % of all actions coming to me are sluggish due to humidity.  I have
actions in my shop from rebuilds, customers who are "not in a rush",
actions that were unusable and picked up to be returned at a later
(sometimes much later) date, friends actions who are waiting for me to come
down on my price before giving the OK, etc.  When I walk into a customers
home and the action needs work, I confiscate it and tell them that I am the
Piano Police and this unregulated action with worn hammers are a hazard to
the musician and does not meet PTG standards.   I tell them I am an RPT
with the PTG and a Certified CAE with an MBA in B.S.  OK?  Happy 4th!

LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.
II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
lafargue@iamerica.net

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to
make them all yourself."