Tool needed from Canada?

Terry Beckingham beckingt@mb.sympatico.ca
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:16:05 -0500 (CDT)

Doug,

I have had this same problem on two separate occasions. I located a Westward
screwdriver, part no. SDS730. It has a 1/4" square shaft. I cut off the
blade and ground down the sides of the shaft until it was 3/16" square.
Because It is square I was able to put a wrench on the shaft for tightening.
It worked well.

Terry Beckingham
Associate Member
The Pas, Manitoba. Canada

At 09:51 AM 7/8/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi list,
>A customer of mine has a Heintzman & Co. console, made in Toronto.  The pin
block is pulling away from the back frame and I received the go ahead for
the repair.  My problem is the bolts going through the plate into the block
and back frame are Thompson bolts ( square recess in head of bolt) and I
can't find any supplier in the U.S. with  this large of Thompson driver.
The plate bolts have a square recess of 3/16" square or roughly 5mm.  I
wouldn't mind being a set of Thompson drive sockets so I can tighten up a
few other things on this piano.  Any suggestion for tool suppliers from are
Canadian list members?