Anybody Know About This?

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 07:29:02 -0400

Though perhaps only my second or third tuning, I'll never forget this,
    An old upright which I cannot remember the brand really did me in.  I
tried to take the action out only to find that the stickers were screwed
directly to the keys (no capstans, just thin adjustable bolts connecting).
By the time I realized this, some keys had been lifted above their balance
pins and shifted enough that they wouldn't fall back into place.  I was stuck
holding an action up and had to have help with from the customer.  Somehow I
braced the action up and later with my fathers help managed to get the whole
thing back in.   Nightmare it was, in a farmhouse twenty miles beyond the
edge of town.  To this day, I always look.
-Mike Jorgensen