new ivory

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:33:53 -0700

Christopher D. Purdy wrote:

> >One exception, Wim.  Last I heard, Fazioli will still do one upon
> >request in mammoth ivory, not illegal to import.
> >
> >Paul S. Larudee, RPT
> >Richmond, CA
>
> mammoth?!
>
> aren't they, umm, extinct?  i have never heard of this, is this for real?
>
> chris

Chris,

It's because they're extinct that their ivory is legal.  No need to try
to save them.  Mammoth ivory is always turning up in Siberia, Alaska and
Canada, and there is a small trade in the stuff.  I don't know how many
Fazioli has sold like that, but it was an option offered in his brochure
at one time.

Paul