Regulating Woes (last one)

Terry Beckingham beckingt@mb.sympatico.ca
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:01:43 -0500 (CDT)

At 07:11 PM 7/19/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Terry,
>We're not all on our way to KC...yet! Still packing.

Yeah, but at least you are going. Maybe I can get to the convention next year.

>My two cents worth is that hammer springs should be regulated to be even and
>certainly if they're above the butt or pointing to the ceiling they will be too
>strong. I believe the important thing is that the hammer return slower than the
>whipen anyhow. If the damper springs are too strong (probably in an attempt at
>compensating for lack of dampermass, incorrectly) obviously that will
affect the
>touch to the pianist. But so also will improperly timed dampers as part of the
>total stroke.

I may try lessening the tension on one or two springs to see what the result
is. Don't talk to me about dampers. I have struggled with them for days. I
think I have the damper lift fairly close now. Lift starts when hammer is
approx half way to the string.

I think that should be enough on the regulation subject for awhile. I think
I have been monopolizing the list. Some may be getting tired of it.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

Regards

Terry