Baldwin Action Problem

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:04:54 -0500

> >At the factory they deliberately put pressure on the brackets to keep
> >them tight on the ball bolts or suppor screws. You could run the ball
> >bolts down a little until you get the top screws in and then run the
> >ball bolts back up where they were.
>
> >Jim Coleman, Sr.
>
> >On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, Paul McCloud wrote:
>
> >> The action bracket hole is about
> >> 1/8" too high.  Should I lower the support studs (they are adjustable up
> >> and down) or will I make more problems for myself?
>
> Hi Paul, Hi Dad,
>
> I always figured it was cheatin' to adjust the action supports.
>
> Philip D. Coleman, RPT
> Chandler, AZ

I wouldn't call it cheatin' since they (action support studs) (good term) are put
back. But still if the standards pop uo an 1/8 inch after they are let loose,
something is under too much pressure.
I was wondering if the holes in the standards (action brackets) could be elongated
with a rat tail file or an attachment on the Marvelous Moto Tool.

Ric Moto-Rooter