Gordon Laughead pianos

Tunethepno@AOL.COM Tunethepno@AOL.COM
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 00:54:37 EDT

Here in northern Indiana there are several around. They were made at least
into the early '70,s, because when Charles Walter first started building
pianos, I believe with the Janssen logo, he was using the same plates as
Laughead. He said they weren't his preferred design, but by sharing the plate
maker and template, he could save a little money until he was able to put his
own design into production. I believe Jim Coleman had a hand in the design
that Walter's came up with. Anyway, the Laughead's are not rare and none of
them have really stood up to time and usage around here.
John Stroup