Plastic flanges

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 23:15:36 -0500 (CDT)

At 06:55 PM 7/28/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I looked at a Kawai grand for a customer today.  It is great
>shape.  The only concern is plastic wippen flanges and
>damper flanges.  This is a 25 year old piano.  I know that Don
>Mannino said Kawai had the APS plastic in 25 year old pianos
>so my question is this plastic going to keep going for another
>25 years.
>

>David Ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA
>ilvey@jps.net

No. It will probably keep going for at least another 300 to 7,000 years.
Future archaeologists excavating landfills will endlessly debate the
possible ritualistic use and religious significance of these flanges long
after the pianos surrounding them have rendered down into toxic sludge. Wait
and see.

 Ron N