2000 tails, broken heads (was Re: Who's On List?)

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:13:27 -0100

David ilvedson wrote:

> > Does anyone know what to do with 2000 pieces of tail?
> >
> >               Newton
>
> I have wondered the same thing.  Couldn't tails be used for
> inlaying on guitars and such?

I have a growing collection of broken ivory heads and intact tails that
I've been matching. I use them for new (and weird, but that's a
different story...) keyboards - the trick is to make the natural key
fronts shorter by 2-3mm.

I'll take as many as I can get - favoring heads, but beggars can't be
choosers. Please contact me!

Tails make nice caps on fortepiano sharps, too.

Clark Panaccione