Mail Undeliverable: Failure Detected

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:20:41 -0500

Could not send message to USER: jennfee
Reason for Mail Failure below:

Message not Delivered.  Recipient's Mailbox Over Quota.

Lance Lafargue wrote:

> Rob,
> I tuned one the week before the convention and experienced the same thing.
> I figured Steinway had transfered one of there designs/patents from their
> uprights because I struggle with them, too.  I, too think it must be
> pressure bar or flagpoling.  Too much friction in that capo area could also
> be it. Kawai's don't have that problem.  I'm told to jiggle the hammer more
> to set these pins. Other than that it was a nice piano.

Thanks for the input!  I received a private e-mail yesterday suggesting that
the pins might be 1/0 instead of the traditional 2/0.  I hadn't thought of that
so I will measure the next time.  This would explain a lot since the pin seems
to bend out of control.  I would even question the quality of the steal used.
Bending can be a good thing to some degree but this is ridicules.  I have also
thought about pressure bar friction.  That may be as well.  Whatever the case I
think it needs to go back to the drawing board.

Rob Goodale, RPT