string cleaning

Norman Barrett barre46@ibm.net
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 00:29:14 -0500

Hi Bill Simon,

You asked for a source of stainless steel wool pads. This may not be what your
talking about but Amway has a product they call Scrub Buds at $7.60 for a box of
4 pads. Until you mentioned it, I would never have thought of using them on
strings but they might work. I do use them for scrubbing pots and pans, (when I
have to) and they are the best thing I know of. I would not be afraid to try them
on plain wire strings because a distributor demonstration of them is for a lady
to rub them on her nylon stockings and there is no damage and yet they do scrub
pots nicely and yes, they do not rust.

Norm Barrett

Big snip