Pounders

Ken Jankura kenrpt@mail.cvn.net
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 20:59:01 -0400

Clyde,
I have been using a pounder I made for about a year now and will never go
back to using just my fingers again! There was a thread of some duration a
few months ago and even a picture in the journal (I think) of the Harvey
Keybanger. Mine is a simple dowel with felt on the business end and a loop
of elastic attached to the other end. When placed in the palm, the elastic
goes around the back of the hand and hooks around the dowel again, which
keeps it in your hand. You don't even have to grip it to use it, just keep
your thumb on the top where the elastic is attached. I can still play
tenths (or any other intervals) one handed to check, as it doesn't get in
the way. I don't even necessarily take it off to play the piano when I have
finished tuning. Save your fingers! If you use forceful test blows, you
need it.
Ken Jankura, RPT
Newburg, PA