Steinway Touchweight Problem.. Mike J.

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 13:07:33 -0700

I have to admit I don't necessarily go for the teardrop shape.
The hammers from Steinway are round and puffy.  It is
possible you would have to cut into layers to get that shape.
This is a good question though?  Should we be worried about
layers of felt when filing?  That is the old time tested practice,
to peel the layers up and over the top and down or both sides
up and off at the top.  Many hammers don't have the layers
and you're basically sculpting the shape.  Renner Blues are
the most difficult to shape in my experience.

What say ye List...

David Ilvedson, RPT