Hornbeam

Sun, 06 Jun 1999 11:05:01 -0700

dporritt wrote:

>  Del Fandrich writes:And who -- besides Renner, that is -- really believes
> that hornbeam shanks are superior to even relatively decent maple shanks?
>
> Regards,
>
> DelI don't know as much as I'd like to about the relative strengths and
> weakness of Hornbeam and Maple.  However, I really like the Renner shanks,
> bushings, center pin accuracy, friction consistency, shank shape, treble
> tapering, phone curtesy, order turn-around time, pleasant dealings.......
> that I get from Renner.  I suppose they could make good Maple ones

Dave,

Sorry.  I think you misunderstood.  I was referring only to the actual
material used, i.e., hornbeam as opposed to maple.  As for the rest, I'll
agree with everything you've said except perhaps for the friction consistency.

And I do wish they made maple shanks.  Perhaps even offering us a choice
between the two.

Regards,

Del