Hornbeam

dporritt dporritt@swbell.net
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 11:35:34 -0500

Del Fandrich writes:

And who -- besides Renner, that is -- really believes that hornbeam shanks
are superior to even relatively decent maple shanks?

Regards,

Del

I don't know as much as I'd like to about the relative strengths and
weakness of Hornbeam and Maple.  However, I really like the Renner shanks,
bushings, center pin accuracy, friction consistency, shank shape, treble
tapering, phone curtesy, order turn-around time, pleasant dealings.......
that I get from Renner.  I suppose they could make good Maple ones too.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University