Hornbeam

Mon, 07 Jun 1999 11:45:09 -0700

Newton Hunt wrote:

> Everyone lies, especially when they think they can get away with it.

I don't regard what Renner has to say about hornbeam as a lie.  At worst it's misrepresentation of the whole story.

> I have often thought a lazer drill could be used to drill a guide hole
> for a reaming bit.  And if wishes were fishes...

The laser beam can deflect as well.  Very little is perfect in this world.

> Well, my drill press run out is good, except the quill guides have too
> much slop so the runout is greater than is should be.  Makes it
> difficult to drill nice hammer holes.

Trust me, hammershank flanges are not drilled on a drill press.  Can't the quill guides be tightened?  On some drill
presses this is possible.

Regards,

Del