Hydrogen Peroxide

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 12:55:13 -0600

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999 16:03:02 +0100 Barrie Heaton
<Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk> writes:
>I can have some 60% I can have some 100% .....
Not really Barrie.  HOOH or H2O2 - which ever you wish to call it just is
never at 100% - 99+ is a possibility, ( and darned unstable at that),
but that last little bit just never happens as the container always has
some that has broken down.

>So has any one tried household bleach to bleach ivory?
OUCH!  I said that for the ivory as I have never heard it speak for
itself.
H2O2 is much cleaner and will not destroy the structure of the ivory as
Chlorine based bleaches can and frequently do if GREAT care is not
exercised.

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT. USA