Hydrogen Peroxide

Steve Pearson SPearson@yamaha.com
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 12:43:28 -0700

Barrie and list:
Now, swimming pools may not be the vogue in the UK they are in the US, but I believe pool chlorine is 12%. (Regular beach is only 5% to 6%) The 12% stuff does work very well for bleaching ivory,  although it is helped by exposure to another relative rarity in the UK: sunlight.  Just kidding, but it has been said that the brits don't actually tan in the sun...they rust.  Any truth to that? If so, you will want to limit exposure to all bleaching agents!  150,000 litres does seem a bit much if you only bleach a few thousand keyboards a year.
Steve Pearson

>>> Barrie Heaton <Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk> 06/08 8:03 AM >>>
Hi all,

In the UK pharmacist now only stock 9% which is not much cop for
bleaching ivory, I spoke to ICI and Burk Chemicals  who make the stuff,
I can have some 60% I can have some 100% the only problem is I have to
take 150,000 litres of it.

So has any one tried household bleach to bleach ivory?

Barrie,

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK Piano Page                              |