SHARP pianos... Don

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 07:51:10 -0400

Don wrote:

Two pianos of the same make
>and size may differ quite dramatically in their stability.

Hi Don,

I'll vouch for that one as well.  The store I work for has 5 Baldwin studio
pianos that they use for rentals.  They are all aprox. the same age, and the
same model numbers.  But there's one of them in particular that is much
better than the others.  Most are the normal, what you would expect of a
Baldwin studio, type pianos.  But this one is very stable, easy to tune, and
holds like a rock.  I can tune it, bounce it across town on the back of a
truck, let some performer beat the living daylights out of it, bounce back
to the store, and only have a couple of unisons to touch up to send it out
again, if that.  I sure wish I knew what the difference was!!  I'm stumped.
But I hope it lasts forever :-) ...(at least as long as I have to tune
it...)  <g>  Seriously though,  I really am interested in what actual
physical factors would make the differences.?  Anybody out there care to
expound?

Have a good day,

Brian Trout