CD ROM Project Rant

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 07:23:54 -0500 (CDT)

>Well, it's even later, I'm even more tired, might as well re-respond.
>Ron, there are a couple of assumptions in your response which I would like
>to end run, if I can. Not every deserving Guild member is classically
>trained nor of long standing. Count yourself blessed. And as "built for a
>buck, sold for a C-note" Nike proves, there is a lot of gullibility out
>there in the buying public, where 'quality of performance' ranks somewhere
>below 'whiteness of smile' and 'glossiness of brochure', and plenty of
>damage to be done by the hobbyist with great p.r. skills :-)
>Ken

Hi Ken,

Well, here it is early now, so why am I still tired?  - oldness -

Unfortunately, the public is in the same position I'm in when I am shopping
for a product or service. It ultimately comes down to a crap shoot (no
matter how much Net or Social surfing you do in preparation). I can't
remember how many times I've had to finish or re-do a job I hired a highly
recommended professional carpenter, plummer or heating/cooling contractor to
do. That's not being unnecessarily picky either, that's just for the minimal
function I paid for and didn't get. That shouldn't happen at all, but it
does, and far too often. Credentials don't often indicate capabilities, and
what the supplier thinks he's selling (service or goods), and the buyer
thinks he's buying, are seldom the same thing. You are probably better at
some aspects of this business than I am, and I am probably better at others
than you, but by professional designaton, we're interchangable and there's
no way around that as long as there is a professional designation.

As for being classically trained, I don't think I'm trainable. Heck, I'm
barely housebroken, but end runs come in all sorts of flavors. Now what do I
do with all these questions? <G>

 Ron