Tuning Pin Hole Reamers

Terry Beckingham beckingt@mb.sympatico.ca
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 10:47:15 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the reply. I am repinning because the torque was low. The piano
was essentially untuneable. I have restrung four other pianos in the past
without reaming. I was not satisfied with the torque. If varied quite a bit
from pin to pin, with many having torque that was too high. I had heard that
reaming would give a more even torque. This old upright is not worth a new
block and I think that would be beyond my capabilites anyway.

Cheers

Terry Beckingham
Associate Member