ECC needs your help!!

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:45:45 EDT

> At long last, the much anticipated Piano Technician's Journal on CD ROM
>  project has a chance to happen.

I have all those journals but would save hundreds of dollars in time doing a
Boolean search instead of leafing through dusty volumes. Bring it on.
Suggestions:
  1. Offer pre-subscriptions, at $20 less than the eventual price;
subscribers to send in a deposit of say $25, non-refundable if the project
proceeds. If a certain number subscribe within 1 year, say 300, the project
is authorized. If not, sending the money back is cheaper for PTG than eating
hundreds of CD's.  I'd surely send my money in on that basis.
  2. Charge $250 for the CD, and offer PTG members an ENORMOUS discount, like
$150, charging $100 or whatever. This somewhat mitigates making so much
information available to those who haven't supported its production by
membership. I wouldn't even object to making it unavailable to non-members.
Bob Davis