CD ROM Project Rant

Richard O. Snelson rsnelson@dave-world.net
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:59:19 -0500

As one of the newbe's on the street, I felt a good library and PTG membership was
one of the most valuable assets I could have. I now have a "nearly" complete set of
the journals and a large collections of books. I've spent well over $1,000 for the
books and journals and use them daily in my new piano business. I'm missing a few
journals and hope to get some help filling those back years. (I'll send a list of
the missing.) I do have some doubles and would gladly help others out by trading.

In the last 6 months I've been to the PA. and Salt Lake conventions, spend several
day with the great Jim Coleman in Tempe and will be in KC and then on to Minn with
Randy Potter for a week. I've completely remodeled a 1200 sq foot metal building to
have a show room and piano repair shop. I've filled it with 7 pianos that I have
purchase so I can learn on my turf.  Now its read it, do it..read it again to be
sure and continue..

I'm lucky because I'm doing this while still working full time as an electrical
engineer. This paid the startup cost. My wife is a little sore because I've used up
all my vacation with Guild functions.

Here's my point,  there are new folks willing to take the steps necessary to learn
this business the correct way. I pushed to join PTG as quickly as a chapter would
let me. They were very cautious about new members?  For me the most valuable tool in
my new business world is PTG and its members.. Thanks to those that are helping..
Jim Coleman,  John Baird, John Dewey and others.

I do have a full set of the reprint books that I would sell at a bargin price. Since
I now have the journals I won't need the books.

Richard Oliver Snelson
Associate Member PTG
Oliver Piano Services
Clinton, IL