wrest-plank

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 01:34:45 -0700

I have a client with a rebuilt Steinway A.
The tuning pin holes go all the way through
except in the lowest octave where the holes
were drilled shallow of the bottom.
The pins in this area are extremely loose!!
They are set a little higher then others
& don't seem to drive in any further.
(Yes I support the pinbock), but I suspect
perhaps somebody did not when they tried this
and caused some damage, aggravating the loose
pin problem further.

Since securing this client, I have done my first
pinblock and several since, and make a habit
of going all the way through.

                                     Cheers
                                     Dave Renaud