price query

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 05:58:33 EDT

Keith writes:
>For one in *good* condition $1600 is a fabulous price regardless of one's
>opinion.  What little buying and selling experience I have acquired over
>the years, I could easily resell it for a profit at that price,

Hey,  if there are any culpas around here with mea name on them, I'll pick'em
up!
    I can't claim to be a retailer since I don't sell pianos, (well, 12 of
them in 22 years.....),  I have only seen two of these Steinway 45's in my
life, and drew my evaluation from them.  I figured $1600 would get the ball
rolling.  It did, and thanks.
    If there is a hot market at $6,000 or above for these, that is the sort
of onfo that  makes me way glad to be part of this list.  Maybe I should ask
if anybody will leave an offer standing of, say, $4,000 for the next one I
see?  I certainly don't want to be walking past goldmines!
Regards,
Ed