sagging center string

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 06:53:15 -0400

> I think that if you did a study, you'd find

Tom, I DID do a study and published THE first article on pin setting
12/69 (?) PTJ.

> With all due respect to Newton,

Yeah, right, what ever.

> Newton, are you left-handed?)

No I am not.

It appears you have had little experience in tuning Steinway
uprights.  Your technique works well with any other piano _except_
Steinway uprights.  If you put you hammer on at 10:00 then they are
easy to tune, except for the back ache, and surprisingly stable.  Any
upright without plate bushings will have flag poling pins, especially
if the coils are more than 1/8" above the plate.

		Newton