Media and Pianos

Elian Degen J. degen@telcel.net.ve
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:40:40 -0400

List et All

Yesterday I saw a TV program on Cable TV. Recorded in Canada, I can=B4t =
give many details because I switched on at the middle of the program.=20

The main sceene, was of two ladies standing by a Canadian upright =
Heintzmann, open upper part showing the action and while one of the =
ladies asked questions, the other one explained. Even though I found the =
program quite good, it had a several mistakes=20
I have seen that happened several times.=20

Here, last year in name of the Venez. PTA we offered the media, by fax =
and e-mail assesment for any program they should make in future about =
pianos, and asked them to be careful and always consult a qualified =
piano technician.=20

As this is an issue which interests us all, because it educates the =
piano owners, my suggestion which I do not know if it was done before, =
you will tell me, is do the same offering in your own places, and when =
you notice something like that, try to get in touch with the media and =
make them a coonstructive critic.=20

If any of the Canadian colleagues remember seeing it let me know. Main =
problem here is that they translate to spanish, and I did not see the =
beguining. It was recorded in Canada, and the program=B4s name was =
something like Style and Home.

Elian Degen

Piano Tuner and Technician, Caracas, Venezuela
Phone/Fax:  58-2-7308547 / Cel:   58-14-9222981
e-mail:  degen@telcel.net.ve    ICQ#: 5447268 **
e-fax (603) 792-9313