Survey about PTG Journal on CD ROM

lance lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:43:40 -0500

Relax Glenn, enjoy the vacation.   I did not mean to put you in "the same
category" as you have assumed from the way I typed my post using ///
between examples of who would be getting the info. I should have clarified
by saying that if the information is more easily passed around in this
format, we may have some associate members who are only interested in the
Journal for enough information to pose as being qualified, never intending
to prove minimal competency through an RPT certification and we may have
fewer members, fewer qualified techs in the field, and may be doing harm to
the customer, etc.  Just because you are an associate does not mean that
you or all associates have this mentality. I have seen that mentality among
"some" associates, but if this doesn't apply to you, relax.  There are some
associates that have no intention/desire to upgrade and many who do not see
value in becoming an RPT.  SOMEONE COULD JOIN 6/16/99, BUY 20 YEARS WORTH
OF THE JOURNAL ON CD AND QUIT 6/17/99. I'm just asking if they've thought
about all of the ramifications.
I also never said we should withhold information from associates, just
non-members.

Someone could read one article on repair one day and buy a yellow page ad
the next.  If it were harder to get and transfer and only available to
members on hard copy, it would lessen the chances of these things
occurring.  Anything that may lessen the value of membership and furthering
all of our level of craftsmanship, we should look closely at.  I only meant
to ask if non-members would more easily get it, and if control of sales,
free copying etc had been considered.  (my red-faced explanation)
LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.
_________________________________
II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
lafargue@iamerica.net

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to
make them all yourself."

----------
> From: Glenn <rockymtn@sprynet.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Survey about PTG Journal on CD ROM
> Date: Monday, June 14, 1999 5:50 PM

tinkers/hobbyists."

> You owe me and quite a few people a huge, red faced apology.
>
> Expletives withheld.
>
> Glenn.
>
> PS>> I will be signing off the board because of an upcoming vacation.
There