PVC pipe for go-bars

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@roadrunner.com
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:53:08 -0600

At 05:00 PM 6/16/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Guy, you do not say why it was a pain.  Did they break?  Hold a curved
>shape?
>LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT

Yup. No... uh .... long-term resiliency. Plus, we're real dry out here, and
that may have had something to do with it. And... it was just... a pain,
you know, to get 'em to stay put... compared to wood. We clamped bridges,
ribs,  lid veneer, just about anything that needed to be clamped. We've
used vacuum, pneumatic, offset klemsia (sp), you name it. The pvc
experiments were in conjuction with some bent lamination jobs we were
doing, and it was just... a pain. Spoiled, I guess. At the time, one of the
reasons was we had finished-up a new section of the shop, and the stinkin'
cieling height had changed. Go figure. Maybe we were just lazy.

Guy