Speed

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:27:55 -0600

>I think someone did mention doing about 20 tunings for an event, but
>it
>was a rare occasion, not the normal occurrence.  And maybe it took a
>while to recuperate.
OK, I confess, I was the one that posted about that suicidal "tooning"
job that I had to do.
Let me make a couple of things clear:
	1.  Those pianos were all in the same building
	2.  The music dept. did NOT expect a complete tuning
	3.  The music dept. only asked me to take care of the "rough spots" and
was willing to only pay a small amount per piano for that work.  They got
what they paid for.
	4.  Yes, I did have to recuperate - as in the next day if I saw
something that was black and white - it was "shot" on the spot.
	5.  This was a once a year event.  Normally I do no more than 5 per day
- and I consider that a day and a half's work.

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.