Laws , Piano tuning, and Associations

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 07:07:04 EDT

Richard writes:
>If the law is passed in Norway, no one will be able to advertise, accept
>payment for work,  use the titles, or in anyway perform any tasks of a
>piano
>tech in any commercial sense unless they have authorised  certification
>from
>the acrediting authorities in Norway.

Greetings,
     This is, imho, a nightmarish direction.  I am more comfortable with the
free market determining what it gets, and have no desire for government to
control any more of my life than it already does.
   Also, who is going to be doing the teaching and who is going to certify
them?
Regards,
Ed Foote