Electronic A-440 on test??

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:09:31 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/99 1:59:57 PM Central Daylight Time, you write:

<< This is news to me.  When I took the test I used an electrictronic pitch
 generator that put out an a-440 tone, (and this was a complete aural exam).
 know several others who have done the same.  I have a friend who is going to
 K.C. with me and is taking the exam and I have told him that he may use an
 electronic A-440.  Can someone confirm this?

 Rob Goodale, RPT >>

The electronic fork is acceptable to use because it is an aural pitch source,
not visual.  That is the distinction.  If the examinee's fork is found to be
faulty, the Examiner *may* (but is not required to) offer the Examinee a fork
which is properly calibrated.  The electronic fork can be checked and
adjusted if necessary so that it is in exact calibration with the electronic
equipment used for the Exam.  Many CTE's have taken to having the electronic
fork available as the alternative.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin