Laws , Piano tuning, and Associations

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 00:56:44 +0200

Ola Andersson wrote:

> Rickard you better watch up because Norway is very restricted about foreign
> education, and a lot foreigners with high education has to do no educated jobs
> even if Norway need there skills. You might find yourself in that situation that
> your training is not "good" enough for norwigan goverment even if itīs better than
> a Norwigain training. Maybe you are trained in Norway?
>
> Just wanted to share this thought
>
> Sincerely
> Ola Andersson
> Bergen norway
>
> Richard Brekne skrev:

Thank you for your concern Ola. I have full rights in this country having all my
papers in order, and haveing lived here for nigh on 20 years now. Also, I just today
took and passed the present Piano Technicians Test here in Norway. Most of my
experience comes from work in Norway, but a three year stint working for Sherman Clay
in Seattle brought a wealth of new knowledge, input and experience in the early 90's
Much to the credit of a very active and positive bunch of PTG boys in the Seattle and
Tacoma Washington chapters.

Besides folks.. this is really not a matter of government interference. It is simply a
matter of finding an adequate system for accediting, as so many other proffessions
require. Even Foot Zone therapists in this country are required to have some basic
schooling. Besides, for my part I would have no problem with haveing to "do what it
takes" to aquire any additions to my knowledge base to "please" the authorities. I
mean hey.. whats the harm in learning new things ??

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G     N.P.T.F