Sreinway C

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 13:18:58 -0500

Quincy wrote:

> I have in my shop 1 grand piano 7'5" Steinway C dated 1893 serial# 75991
> Someone picked up the action for servicing a few years ago from the
> customer and never returned the action. Unknown technician cannot
> locate. The plate is also signed by composer Arthur Rubinstein.I am
> looking for a complete action for this piano. I have called Steinway New
> York for a quotation of cost.They referred me to the parts lady at
> steinway to try and put an action together.What an experience , I have
> to order everything one item# at a time.Frustration !!!! All I asked for
> was one complete action for this piano (frame, keys, stack,etc...).Will
> the Steinway D action fit in this piano. Should I consider retrofit A
> Stanwood Action. Need Comments. Need prices.
>
> Musically yours Claude Quincy Damphousse RPT
Mr.  Damphouse,  have you solved the problem of acquiring an action for
this piano yet?  If not, I would be interested in either making an offer
to buy the piano or submitting a proposal to replace the action.  We
routinely build actions in our shop and can deliver an action that plays
and performs just like the original.   Please reply as to what the
situation is at the moment.  Thanks, Robin Hufford RPT