bass bridge

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:16:44 EDT

In a message dated 6/22/99 10:52:28 PM !!!First Boot!!!, musicman@eoni.com
writes:

<<  have an old upright with a bass bridge that has a sort of supporting
 structure underneath the bridge.  This supporting part has separated, and I
 am to work on it this coming saturday.

 If I take the bass strings loose so as to free the underlying bass bridge,
 will the frame be put at jeopardy for cracking?

 Should I loosen all strings before taking the bass strings loose? >>

I have taken the bass strings off many a piano, both upright and grand, and
have never had any problems. You can take off the bass strings, repair the
bridge, and restring, and you'll be back in business before you know it.

Good luck.

Willem Blees