bass bridge

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:28:56 -0500 (CDT)

>Speaking of which - this is addressed to all of you "CA holics" out
>there.  I have a piano that I am about to restring and have noticed some
>nearly hairline cracks in the bass bridge.  Recommendations will be
>appreciated as to whether I should pull the bridge pin, apply CA and
>replace or just apply CA letting it penetrate by capillary action.
>Yes, I do know that there is the "Epoxy Gang" out there as bitter rivals,
>but I already know that routine.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>John Fortiner

Hi John,
I don't know about that "bitter rival" part. Having done it both ways, and
found either to be quite adequate, I suppose I would qualify as my own worst
enemy by that criteria. I sure hope not, since I really hate arguing with an
idiot and risking getting caught talking to myself at the same time. Well,
in any case, just disconnect the strings and pump in enough CA to fuse
everything back into a reasonable simulation of a bridge, reconnect, and
tune up. Life, and some pianos, is/are too short to waste time in debate
over magic elixir flavors.

 Ron