Odd Specimen

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 21:17:01 PDT

Hi, Roger!

  This does not appear to be a birdcage as I understand it - it is much like
the compressed actions seen on newer, smaller pianos where the capstan, such
as it is in this case, is very close to the whippen (no stickers, etc. ).
The dampers act like the ones we regularly encounter.  The dampers are below
the hammer line, and it is overstrung.

  Thanks for your input and clarifying questions.

                                                      Sincerely,
                                                         Tom
   p.s. Sorry if this comes through again, I had a small glitch on the first
send.
                                                          TD