new piano pin replacement ... Roger

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 07:06:42 -0400

Hi Roger,

Please DON'T come down off your 'high horse'.

This business needs people who aren't afraid to stand up and call JUNK =
by it's right name.  It saddens me when I hear about pianos that were =
made in the manner this technician describes.  I have to wonder, when =
some poor family buys this thing for their son or daughter, expecting it =
to give a lifetime of good service, and a few years down the road their =
'piano tuner' is likely to be telling them they need MAJOR work done, =
what does that say of the piano industry as a whole?  In my opinion, it =
drags us all down.

Were I able to wave a magic wand over the piano industry, I would like =
to see manufacturers, from the least to the greatest, not trying to make =
them faster and cheaper seeing what 'corners' they can cut, but to make =
them better and more solid in their construction.  (Rant over now...)

A little more on topic, if this piano is having problems with holding =
tune, something that came to mind was that perhaps the pinblock could be =
rocking back and forth on the flange.  If that would be happening, the =
repining wouldn't really solve the problem of the tuning not holding.  =
(But the tuning pins would be tight.) :-)?

Good luck.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.
btrout@desupernet.net