IRC Chat help

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 12:08:20 -0600

At 07:57 PM 6/23/99 -0700, Diane wrote:

>> > I downloaded the mIRC, but can't get it to do anything ( & probably
>> > don't need it).
>
>********Same problem, downloaded mIRC and Starlink don't know how to get
>them to work.************

I assuming you have also installed the program too. Load it up and if a list of
servers doesn't appear click on the second icon in the toolbar near the top of
the screen. Scroll down the list that appears to a Starlink server, click on it
and click on "connect". If it doesn't connect first time, keep trying, or try
another Starlink server.

Once it's connected, click on the third icon... the one that looks like a file
folder. Type  #Pianotech into the box , press "save" and then "Join". You
should be in the channel then. There will probably be two names in the
right-hand screen box, @Mars and @V.  Just ignore them as they're robots
(called "Bots") under my control and they don't do anything until I make them
do something.

That's it... if you need more help, please don't hesitate to write and ask.

                John

John Musselwhite, RPT -  Calgary, Alberta Canada
Registered Piano Technician   http://www.musselwhite.com
email: john@musselwhite.com - blues@musselwhite.com