PROTECTING YOUR KIDS ONLINE AND OFF (PART 1)

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:37:50 -0500

List,

   I have a post from a "Tourbus" newsletter I'm on which might be of
interest to all you with kids, grandkids and computers. It's a little
long to post on the list but I've received permission to forward it to
anyone interested. Below is a "blurb" or two from it. There are quite
a few sites to go to and learn more about this problem and what you can
do to help protect 'your' kids.
   I'm going out of town Tuesday morning for a day or two but I'll get
to any requests when I return.

Avery

>Child safety, especially child safety on the Internet, is a subject
>close to my heart.  That's why, over the next couple of weeks, we are
>going to visit some sites that will help you protect your children
>both online and off.
>
>--------
>SAFEKIDS
>--------
>
>Back in my 5 March 1999 post, I told you about "SafeKids."  SafeKids
>is a free PowerPoint presentation created by the Naperville, Illinois,
>Police Department's Internet Crimes Unit, the Illinois Attorney
>General's Internet Task Force, and Microsoft to "help parents and
>educators teach children the fundamental 'rules of the road' for safe
>exploration on the information highway."

mailto:atodd@uh.edu                 I'd rather be over the hill
                                         than under it.
Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music