Very Strange Piano

Elian Degen J. degen@telcel.net.ve
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 00:21:06 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0076_01BEC28E.71E91D80
Hello List et All

Today I was called to see a piano (Picture Attached=20

Manufacturer  Wilhem Spaethe  Serial No 2777

City Gera, Reuss.  ? ... where is that ?

Model H=F6he ...=20

Presumed end last century, I could not find info about it.=20

The owners asked me to restore it. I checked the piano, and amazingly =
Soundboard, Bridge, Crown, are in excellent condition, even as it is =
sound is superb.=20

Excellent Keyboard condition  Real Ivory and Ebony

The owner says there are only 2 of them in the word.=20

Needs whole set of strings. Pinblock and tuning pins. Hammers (which I =
would like to have custom made if possible the same as the Bass Strings) =
 Needs dampers, center pins, and almost all the felt parts..

I will be grateful for any information on any similar situation, and =
about the piano makers and factory.

After checking the instrument I consider it worth it but opinions are =
welcome

Elian

------=_NextPart_001_0076_01BEC28E.71E91D80
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...