Happy 99 virus

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 23:41:26 EDT

Dear Fellow Technicians,

I recently installed Norton System Works on my computer.  While working on a
new database, Filemaker Pro, Norton detected a virus called "Happy 99, worm"
in an attached file in AOL.  I rarely open my attachments, in fact, none in
the last few months.  Weird things have happened to my computer.  35 problems
Norton scanned in 108 files today, and repaired them.

I am writing to ask you to be wary of anything coming down as an attachment.
This virus was detected without even opening it up.  Whether it had anything
to do with my computor problems, I do not know.   I have deleted all of the
attachments up to date, and pray no more virus problems.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR