Kimball regulation

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:38:31 -0400

lance lafargue wrote:

> Why do you need to "feel" let-off?  (Asking honestly)  Does the piano play
> OK?
> LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
> LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
> New Orleans Chapter
> Mandeville, LA.
> _________________________________
> II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
> lafargue@iamerica.net
>
> "Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to
> make them all yourself."
>
> ----------
> > From: Frank Cahill <fcahill@erols.com>
> > To: pianotech@ptg.org
> > Subject: Kimball regulation
> > Date: Sunday, June 27, 1999 7:37 PM
> >
> > I recently regulated a kimball vertical piano.  The only problem I
> > encountered was with let-off.
> >

> ....I guess I don't really need to feel the let-off. It's just something I normally feel.

Usually, it's a sign that key height is low when let-off can't be
felt... Increase the key height and let-off gives you a nice "thump"
when the key is depressed slowly.

Other Kimballs have had that thump on let-off. This is the first one to
behave like this.

It plays, but it does not have the same overall feel that other painos
have.

--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild