Kimball regulation

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 17:32:21 EDT

In a message dated 6/30/1999 4:58:23 PM, fcahill@erols.com writes:

<< Other Kimballs have had that thump on let-off. This is the first one to
behave like this.

It plays, but it does not have the same overall feel that other painos
have.  >>

Frank;
 I was thinking about this while working on the Knuckles class and maybe
there is an easy answer.................There was a period of time in the 70s
when buckshin was literally not available in quantity and a 'lot' of
manufacturers used "buckskin substitutes" of various descriptions. Kimball
was among those who resorted to this practice and in some of their cheaper
pianos used it exclusively until their closing shop.  It could be that this
console, as I recall the original post, that was made in the late 70s, had
'butt buckskin ' of this material rather than 'real' buckskin.  The two
materials do have a different feel. Perhaps this is what you were
feeling...........
Just a thought.
Jim Bryant (FL)