14 broken strings in a month

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:24:30 EST

In a message dated 3/2/99 5:03:01 AM !!!First Boot!!!, burmaudi@swva.net
writes:

<< I have a Kimball church piano with a "normal" string breakage history
 for hard playing... maybe one bass string every year or two.

 All of a sudden, in one month, they've broken 12 treble strings (6 pairs
 - 4 of them contiguous) and 2 at the highest note in tenor/treble break
 (C-5).  Same pianist as always.

 Breaks seemed to occur at plate bridge.  Bridge seemed smooth,
 unmarred.  Strings not rusty.

 Any ideas on what's happening?

 Carolyn Macneal
 Associate - Roanoke PTG Chapter >>

I bet they changed piano players. Another theory is that after all this time,
the strings are finally giving up. They have been battered so much, they just
can't take it any more, so they are all protesting at the same time.

The only thing you can do is continue to replace the strings that break, until
they have a restrung piano.

Of course they could get a new piano. Maybe something a little better than the
one they have now. It will end the string breakage, at least temporarily.

Good luck.

Willem Blees