Abel "Light" Grand Hammers

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@NAU.EDU
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 10:37:12 -0700

Avery Todd wrote:

> I just opened an invoice from Pianotek and noticed at the bottom the line "NEW Abel > "Light" Grand Hammers available". Anyone know anything about these? Are they anything > like the Renner Lights?
_______________________________

Able lights are the ones with the filter for technicians who are trying
to cut down on their smoking habits....

But seriously folks :-)

I installed a set of able lights on a 1879 Bechstein that I was
rebuilding.  Essentually they are just physically lighter.  They are
often a must in rebuilding more ventage pianos that where designed to
have the pre-1900 lighter touch.  In general, of course, they can be
used in any situation where a client requests a lighter touch.  I find
the tone quality to be excellent.

Rob Goodale, RPT