Touch weight

Rogerio Cunha rogeriocunha@openlink.com.br
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 17:56:40 -0300

To the list
I am just working on a grand ( B=F6sendorfer ) and on it I applied new =
hammers ( original ) , new center pins, and others items as knuckles, =
etc, etc,
All the material applied is original and all the work was made with care =
and the final product was very, very good except the touch weight.
I did all that I learned and read but wasn't possible to obtain 52 g on =
the 1st section, 50 g on the 2nd section and 48 g on the 3rd and 4th =
section and this is the problem that I want to know. ( these are =
manufacturer measurements)
The difference is about +10 g on each section.
What to do?
I think that the only way would be to put leads on the keys. Is this =
correct?
To use the piano with + 10g of touch weight is good?
If isn't possible to obtain the manufacturer measurements what are the =
good touch weight?
I thanks to all
ROGERIO CUNHA - IC MEMBER OF THE GUILD